During LS1 the main collimator activities are targeted to:
- enhance the operation efficiency and machine protection by improving the flexibility of IR configuration,
- improve the collimator layout in the experimental regions by providing better cleaning of incoming beam and outgoing physics products
- and optimize the location and distribution of losses, improving the lifetime of the warm magnets and optimize doses to equipment and personnel
The planned activities to address the previous items are :
- Replacement of the TCTs in all IRs and the TCSG in IR6 with a new design with BPM embedded in the jaw.
- Improved TCL layouts in IR1 and IR5.
- Additional passive absorbers in IR3.
- New active absorbers TCLAs in IR6 (shared request with dump team).
- Crystal experiment in IR7.
- Upgrade of the ventilation system in IR7.
- S.Redaelli @ LMC, 19 Feb, 2014, Collimation system changes, status and plans for 2014
- B.Salvachua @ Joint LHC collimation/ injection and dump meeting, 10 Feb 2014, LS1 layout changes for collimatotrs
- S.Redaelli @ CWG, 3 Feb, 2014, Overview of LS1 activities
- S.Redaelli @ LMC, 7 Nov, 2012, Update on LS1 collimation activities
- S.Redaelli @ CWG, 26 Nov, 2012, Overview of LS1 Activities