Collimators HWC MeetingThe main objective of these series of collimation hardware commissioning meetings is to prepare the remote operation of the system from the CCC. The meeting will usually take place on Friday at 9h30. The frequency of the meeting will be every 2 to 3 weeks. These are informal and very focused meetings to prepare the remote collimation operation, starting from the completion of individual collimator HWC by STI. The main topics to follow up are:
- system readiness for remote operations (including readiness for dry-runs and sector tests)
- settings and controls: validation of post-LS1 system
- operational sequences and tests
- activities in the controls test stands
- specific requirement and tests for the new BPM feature
- preparation and execution of MP validation without beam
Minutes : 2014-06-20, 2014-08-01, 2014-08-15, 2014-08-22, 2014-09-05,2014-11-28,2014-11-28
|Alarms and warning levels||not started|
|Update MPS note||started|
|Update HWC note||started|
|Update FESA note||not started|
|Update HW Parameters note||not started|
- Collimation Web Page: MP collimation tests.
- EDMS No.1169909: Electrical Test Protocols for the Beam Position Monitors.
- EDMS No.882140: Collimator Final assembly and HWC for LHC.
- EDMS No.889345: MPS Aspecs of the Collimation System Commissioning.
- EDMS No.934341: Middle-level interface to control movable devices like LHC Collimators.
- EDMS No.906937: Documentation of HW parameters for the 2008 LHC Collimators.
- EDMS No.1368113: Operational Software for Collimators with Embedded BPMs.
- EDMS No.1342295: Geometric non-linearity correction procedure of LHC Beam Position Monitors.